My name is Spoonbill. Other things you should know about me are:
- I am a Canadian living and working in California. I cling to my Canadian pronunciations of pasta and decal, but completely embrace the ride-sharing and urban farming of California.
- I ride my bike for transportation a la Danish example, by which I mean, I eschew helmets and outfit concessions. I will ride my Schwinny Schwinn Schwinn in heels; I will not arrive with helmet hair.
- I love going to the movies.
- I respect Aaron Sorkin’s idealism and writing, even if he recycles phrases.
- I forget most of what I read. I love the Book Thief, anything Jane Austen, and a large corpus of Can Lit – but I couldn’t tell you what the books are about.
- I’m still searching for a career. Currently, I do sustainable economic analysis. Whatever that means.
- I’ve been running regularly since I was 19. I hate running.
- I keep exes in my life, like a spider with dead flies in her web. I never get over any of them.
- I’m celiac. Before it became trendy.
- I wear my heart upon my sleeve. If my sleeve were cut off my shirt, rolled up, stuffed inside a Kevlar pack and buried inside my chest in a deep, dark hole with only one, small door.
- The best compliment I have received in the last 6 months was this: “You grew up in a blue collar, working class family, didn’t you? I can tell.”
- I tell stories with an inappropriate level of detail.
- I wouldn’t know what to do without Ibis. I don’t tell her that often enough, but I think she knows.
It’s so nice to meet you.